home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Tattoo  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  |  Fighting Fund  |           SHOP-UKFacebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  |  Ask the Vet    Help  print pedigree    
Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

    Sponsored by:-   Rapidvite

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingAdoptionBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions how to use the Greyhound-Data website?
Or do you have ideas how to improve the site?

Inter code Agreementpage  1 2 3 


Chris Nutt
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 304
Dogs 2 / Races 0

26 Sep 2016 10:23


 (0)
 (0)

What are the chances of this phenomenon being revised? It sure as heck would go along way to making things a lot easier if we could get back what we are entitled to.


Steve Bennie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 620
Dogs 11 / Races 2

26 Sep 2016 10:49


 (2)
 (0)

Chris it would be GOLD for the dogs but because the top end of town is in bed with the corrupt pollies it will take a politically strong person to turn it around.
I know i keep going on about this but HOW DID V'LANDYS KNOW EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOING ON BEFORE IT GOT TO PRESS.
ANY IDEAS BAIRD & GRANT?.




Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 567
Dogs 10 / Races 8

26 Sep 2016 22:28


 (1)
 (0)

Chris Nutt wrote:

What are the chances of this phenomenon being revised? It sure as heck would go along way to making things a lot easier if we could get back what we are entitled to.

Wouldnt that be great Chris but as you & i know the horse industry have never wanted us to get anything more than what we have been getting since the ICA a pittance 13% its a Joke & every body knows that.



Robert Arnold
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 37
Dogs 0 / Races 0

26 Sep 2016 22:47


 (0)
 (0)

Steve,
I had a meeting with my local MP Sheeley Hancock and she told me that it was either the Grub or Boof head!!


Jodie Lord
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 48
Dogs 63 / Races 0

27 Sep 2016 01:03


 (0)
 (0)

Nutry the intercode agreement should now be void since legislation to ban greyhound racing has been passed I would imagine there in no longer any agreement so when the ban is overturned what happens then?


Steve Bennie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 620
Dogs 11 / Races 2

27 Sep 2016 01:08


 (1)
 (0)

The two main reasons they do not wish to go near ICA is that it is corrupt and would destroy the horses, everyone knows it was a stich up and anyone signing anything for 99 years is a bloody joke.
When ever you get involved with governmets nothing comes out smelling of roses.


David Grindley
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 209
Dogs 0 / Races 0

27 Sep 2016 02:00


 (0)
 (0)

I think the ICA is one of the major sticking points going forward . The Thoroughbred industry obviously had prior knowledge of the commissions recommendations as proven by their meeting in April . Their leaders would have been lobbying hard for a closure of the industry due to recommendation 64 . With all the extra funding they have received from government including the lopsided ICA they have proven to be financially mismanaged by their leaders , just check their financial statements for the last few years . Imagine if the government came out and said they were going to adopt the other 79 recommendations , V'Landys and co would be in big trouble running the industry with $30million less each year , I doubt the government would make up the short fall . With the industry closing they wont have to forfeit $30Mil plus each year and will most probably gain even more from the money gambled on greyhounds interstate .


Simon Moore
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2127
Dogs 32 / Races 393

27 Sep 2016 03:30


 (0)
 (0)

Its really only the harness that will suffer cause they are getting the extra % that we are missing out on. they are getting 8% extra then what they produce.



Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 567
Dogs 10 / Races 8

27 Sep 2016 05:13


 (0)
 (0)

simon moore wrote:

Its really only the harness that will suffer cause they are getting the extra % that we are missing out on. they are getting 8% extra then what they produce.

Well let the gallops look after them not us simple.



Mark Staines
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 3316
Dogs 68 / Races 13

27 Sep 2016 05:19


 (0)
 (0)

jodie lord wrote:

Nutry the intercode agreement should now be void since legislation to ban greyhound racing has been passed I would imagine there in no longer any agreement so when the ban is overturned what happens then?

If the ICA is void it would / should be renegotiated if the Ban was lifted IMO.


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 17224
Dogs 13936 / Races 1798

27 Sep 2016 06:20


 (0)
 (0)

V'Landy's claims there is a clause in the TAB Agreement ( I assume the ICA) that provides for the closure/banning of an industry

3rd line from the bottom

EXTERNAL LINK



Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 567
Dogs 10 / Races 8

27 Sep 2016 06:30


 (0)
 (0)

Mark Staines wrote:

jodie lord wrote:

Nutry the intercode agreement should now be void since legislation to ban greyhound racing has been passed I would imagine there in no longer any agreement so when the ban is overturned what happens then?

If the ICA is void it would / should be renegotiated if the Ban was lifted IMO.

And do you think Mark that the gallops would want to give up anything in renegotiating ? I doubt it



Simon Moore
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2127
Dogs 32 / Races 393

27 Sep 2016 06:52


 (0)
 (0)

Mick Thompson wrote:

simon moore wrote:

Its really only the harness that will suffer cause they are getting the extra % that we are missing out on. they are getting 8% extra then what they produce.

Well let the gallops look after them not us simple.


They got $100 or $200mil for Harold Park so they should look after their own industry imo.

Give us $200mil and see how we fare.



Noel McCaskie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1097
Dogs 23 / Races 5

27 Sep 2016 07:17


 (0)
 (0)

Robert Borsak spoke to Ray Hadley on 2GB today a good listen on the ICA if someone could put it up plz


David Grindley
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 209
Dogs 0 / Races 0

27 Sep 2016 07:43


 (0)
 (0)

Here it is Noel

EXTERNAL LINK



Noel McCaskie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1097
Dogs 23 / Races 5

27 Sep 2016 08:05


 (0)
 (0)

Thanks David

Worth a listen to



Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 567
Dogs 10 / Races 8

27 Sep 2016 09:06


 (0)
 (0)

Sandro Bechini wrote:

V'Landy's claims there is a clause in the TAB Agreement ( I assume the ICA) that provides for the closure/banning of an industry

3rd line from the bottom

EXTERNAL LINK

Hope you don't mind if i share this Sandro.



Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 17224
Dogs 13936 / Races 1798

27 Sep 2016 12:29


 (0)
 (0)

Mick Thompson wrote:

Sandro Bechini wrote:

V'Landy's claims there is a clause in the TAB Agreement ( I assume the ICA) that provides for the closure/banning of an industry

3rd line from the bottom

EXTERNAL LINK

Hope you don't mind if i share this Sandro.

Go for it Mick



Steve Bennie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 620
Dogs 11 / Races 2

08 Aug 2018 05:17


 (7)
 (0)

I know its an old topic but V'Landy's must be laughing all the way to the bank.
We are all talking about a one million dollar race with the tax payer paying half and from the gee gee's not a word, the reason would be that now we are contributing 21.7% into the POT which is 23.3 Mill and when it was signed we were turning over 11%.

Tell them to jam the race and give us our fair share.
Maybe we could get SCOTT to do the negotiating for us.

SFF is the way to go we need to ALL get behind Robert Borsak and stay as one.



Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 567
Dogs 10 / Races 8

08 Aug 2018 05:36


 (5)
 (0)

STEVE BENNIE wrote:

I know its an old topic but V'Landy's must be laughing all the way to the bank.
We are all talking about a one million dollar race with the tax payer paying half and from the gee gee's not a word, the reason would be that now we are contributing 21.7% into the POT which is 23.3 Mill and when it was signed we were turning over 11%.

Tell them to jam the race and give us our fair share.
Maybe we could get SCOTT to do the negotiating for us.

SFF is the way to go we need to ALL get behind Robert Borsak and stay as one.

Exactly right Steve the only way at this stage to get rid of the ICA is to have the balance of power with the Shooters Fishers Farmers Party so they need our votes & our family votes & everyone ya know to vote to get the Numbers.We also need our fair share of Tax Harmonisation and now PoCTax that there trying not to give us which is about 23+% they want to stick to giving us 13% & that needs to be Challenged.


posts 53page  1 2 3