home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Dogs ID  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  
 
Facebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  |  Ask the Vet    Help  print pedigree      
TV  |  Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

X

Recent Matings are now added to the Classifieds

Here you can announce the sire and dam and birthdate of your future champions, view a test mating and if you are a Gold, Silver or Bronze member your name and email address will be displayed automatically.



Please make sure your email address is up to date on Greyhound-Data as this is what will be shown in the contact details.

Please click YES to add your bitches recent mating.

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

   

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsFor SaleGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingRetirementBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions how to use the Greyhound-Data website?
Or do you have ideas how to improve the site?

THE DAY DATA DIEDpage  1 2 3 


Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

02 Jan 2020 19:39


 (1)
 (0)


John Spracklen wrote:

For me Data died a decade ago, in those days it was great and pretty well an even mix between Irish, Aussie and U.K. members, it really was a joy to read and to partake in the Craic. Gabriel, Cunningham, Turner and so many more with so much to give. The life-blood was the constant sniping between pro and anti Igb but there was also so much information freely available, people keen to help and advise. One of my adversaries was called 'Smart' I recall, if you are still watching happy new year to yer mate. Then slowly the U.K. membership declined to be followed by the Irish, so that the forum was 95% Aussie and sadly lost its way.
Happy memories.


John I hear the violins playing mate ....

There is nothing wrong with Data and to see you guys complain about it pisses me off because if you dont like it then piss off dont use it dont reply dont even use the testmatings .....

The reason why you Poms and Irish dont use Data any more is because this Social Media goes right over top of your heads.

Frank because only one person replied to your thread what does that tell you about your Thread or post maybe its you that has the problem and all of us here are normal mate .

Why is it that the Poms and the Irish always complain ...


John Spracklen
(Verified User)
Posts 492
Dogs 0 / Races 0

02 Jan 2020 21:27


 (13)
 (0)


Not complaining at all cobber but if people like you pissed off it might improve the quality of the posting and hence the forum.


Luke Miller
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 739
Dogs 49 / Races 16

02 Jan 2020 21:45


 (11)
 (0)


The reason this forum has decreased is because it's the same old fossils who piss and moan about every little thing and can't even try to see something from another's point of view. And rubbish anyone who has a varying view.



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

02 Jan 2020 22:12


 (1)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

The reason this forum has decreased is because it's the same old fossils who piss and moan about every little thing and can't even try to see something from another's point of view. And rubbish anyone who has a varying view.


Thats why its called a forum ....Luke.
If everyone agreed with everyone then we would have nothing to talk about please read Mick Barrys post its not about us its about a topic that has gone over the top of most of your heads its a light hearted dig at a person we cannot name for legal reasons guys so hey lighten up just think about if we did not have data what would you do then....


Luke Miller
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 739
Dogs 49 / Races 16

02 Jan 2020 22:30


 (6)
 (0)


No doubt data is a much needed resource but the forum component has seen it's day. People are tending to discuss most things via a few Facebook pages as they are sick off the archaic views of a few on here who seem to think it's their own boys club. That one person isn't the problem it's more the one's who are casting the stones. As some have suggested you are better off not saying anything at all.



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

02 Jan 2020 22:34


 (1)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

No doubt data is a much needed resource but the forum component has seen it's day. People are tending to discuss most things via a few Facebook pages as they are sick off the archaic views of a few on here who seem to think it's their own boys club. That one person isn't the problem it's more the one's who are casting the stones. As some have suggested you are better off not saying anything at all.


yep 100% Luke ...it is what it is ...all you have to do is skip past the posts you dont like ....


Simon Moore
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2279
Dogs 32 / Races 393

02 Jan 2020 23:33


 (3)
 (0)


Grant Dunphy wrote:

Onya Simon-spot on.


so i'm not the only one who has figured it out huh? lol


Simon Moore
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2279
Dogs 32 / Races 393

02 Jan 2020 23:41


 (3)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

No doubt data is a much needed resource but the forum component has seen it's day. People are tending to discuss most things via a few Facebook pages as they are sick off the archaic views of a few on here who seem to think it's their own boys club. That one person isn't the problem it's more the one's who are casting the stones. As some have suggested you are better off not saying anything at all.


i disagree.

there's only one person who is the common source of topics turning to sh+t.
its no wonder nobody starts topics anymore.


Mark Donohue
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2691
Dogs 6 / Races 0

03 Jan 2020 00:15


 (3)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

No doubt data is a much needed resource but the forum component has seen it's day. People are tending to discuss most things via a few Facebook pages as they are sick off the archaic views of a few on here who seem to think it's their own boys club. That one person isn't the problem it's more the one's who are casting the stones. As some have suggested you are better off not saying anything at all.

Luke,
There is hardly any discussions on Facebook with only short and sharp comments. If you want that thrill then that is your choice, but you're still having a look and making comment on here.

It's never been a `boys club'. It's just that only a few dare to argue forever and a day. I think the audience is just watching rather than commenting because they most probably agree with most, just don't feel the need to comment, can't be bothered or just can't provide a deep and meaningful response.

I think that discussions, arguments, debates are good on most occasions. Other times it's a waste of time.

I felt the urge to comment on your post because I don't agree with it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.



Kevin Lindsay
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 1392
Dogs 10 / Races 7

03 Jan 2020 00:25


 (0)
 (0)


Kevin Wright wrote:

John Spracklen wrote:

For me Data died a decade ago, in those days it was great and pretty well an even mix between Irish, Aussie and U.K. members, it really was a joy to read and to partake in the Craic. Gabriel, Cunningham, Turner and so many more with so much to give. The life-blood was the constant sniping between pro and anti Igb but there was also so much information freely available, people keen to help and advise. One of my adversaries was called 'Smart' I recall, if you are still watching happy new year to yer mate. Then slowly the U.K. membership declined to be followed by the Irish, so that the forum was 95% Aussie and sadly lost its way.
Happy memories.


John I hear the violins playing mate ....

There is nothing wrong with Data and to see you guys complain about it pisses me off because if you dont like it then piss off dont use it dont reply dont even use the testmatings .....

The reason why you Poms and Irish dont use Data any more is because this Social Media goes right over top of your heads.

Frank because only one person replied to your thread what does that tell you about your Thread or post maybe its you that has the problem and all of us here are normal mate .

Why is it that the Poms and the Irish always complain ...

The Forum explained by Mr Wright.

"That's enough about me.
What about you?
What do you think about me?"



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

03 Jan 2020 00:28


 (2)
 (0)


Mark Donohue wrote:

Luke Miller wrote:

No doubt data is a much needed resource but the forum component has seen it's day. People are tending to discuss most things via a few Facebook pages as they are sick off the archaic views of a few on here who seem to think it's their own boys club. That one person isn't the problem it's more the one's who are casting the stones. As some have suggested you are better off not saying anything at all.

Luke,
There is hardly any discussions on Facebook with only short and sharp comments. If you want that thrill then that is your choice, but you're still having a look and making comment on here.

It's never been a `boys club'. It's just that only a few dare to argue forever and a day. I think the audience is just watching rather than commenting because they most probably agree with most, just don't feel the need to comment or just can't provide a deep and meaningful response.

I think that discussions, arguments, debates are good on most occasions. Other times it's a waste of time.

I felt the urge to comment on your post because I don't agree with it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

Boys club my ass .
We all challenge and bag out each other and if you cannot stand the heat then get out of the Kitchen its that simple really
It would be a very boring world if no one posted and it would be a shit world if we all agreed with each other and we all conformed to one voice one idea .

The best thing about this forum is that we have a lot of people who all offer something different and we all share one passion ...Greyhounds ..




Luke Miller
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 739
Dogs 49 / Races 16

03 Jan 2020 00:34


 (2)
 (0)


Mark the facts on Facebook would suggest otherwise on just one page 624 posts in just 28 days. Coming from the horses mouth new participant's don't feel welcome on this forum or the same topics have been rehashed and debated since Cockie was an egg it's just plain boring. Me personally i get on here because it's the best tool for breeding second to none.



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

03 Jan 2020 00:35


 (1)
 (0)


Kevin Lindsay wrote:

Kevin Wright wrote:

John Spracklen wrote:

For me Data died a decade ago, in those days it was great and pretty well an even mix between Irish, Aussie and U.K. members, it really was a joy to read and to partake in the Craic. Gabriel, Cunningham, Turner and so many more with so much to give. The life-blood was the constant sniping between pro and anti Igb but there was also so much information freely available, people keen to help and advise. One of my adversaries was called 'Smart' I recall, if you are still watching happy new year to yer mate. Then slowly the U.K. membership declined to be followed by the Irish, so that the forum was 95% Aussie and sadly lost its way.
Happy memories.


John I hear the violins playing mate ....

There is nothing wrong with Data and to see you guys complain about it pisses me off because if you dont like it then piss off dont use it dont reply dont even use the testmatings .....

The reason why you Poms and Irish dont use Data any more is because this Social Media goes right over top of your heads.

Frank because only one person replied to your thread what does that tell you about your Thread or post maybe its you that has the problem and all of us here are normal mate .

Why is it that the Poms and the Irish always complain ...

The Forum explained by Mr Wright.

"That's enough about me.
What about you?
What do you think about me?"


Hahahah ..Many will agree will you Kev


Luke Miller
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 739
Dogs 49 / Races 16

03 Jan 2020 00:38


 (4)
 (0)


Kevin get your head out of the clouds and go back through the threads same old people commenting.The forum section of Data is dead and buried.



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

03 Jan 2020 00:41


 (2)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

Mark the facts on Facebook would suggest otherwise on just one page 624 posts in just 28 days. Coming from the horses mouth new participant's don't feel welcome on this forum or the same topics have been rehashed and debated since Cockie was an egg it's just plain boring. Me personally i get on here because it's the best tool for breeding second to none.


The floor is always open for you Luke and Kev now go start your own thread about a topic you like or dislike. ...

See who responds to it ..
Do you both understand
A forum is only a forum if people post or respond to posts or threads thats the way it works so if no one starts a new thread then the forum will die out and you either agree or disagree and if something pisses you off then start a thread ..



Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 5320
Dogs 1 / Races 1

03 Jan 2020 00:44


 (3)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

Kevin get your head out of the clouds and go back through the threads same old people commenting.The forum section of Data is dead and buried.


Luke why are you even here then if the forum is dead ......i dont get it ..

Are you here just to throw peanuts at the monkeys or are you here to throw shit at our Members because you run a facebook page ...

Facebook is what it is people with made up names saying shit they would not say to your face or on a public forum like GD


Mark Donohue
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2691
Dogs 6 / Races 0

03 Jan 2020 02:08


 (2)
 (0)


Luke Miller wrote:

Mark the facts on Facebook would suggest otherwise on just one page 624 posts in just 28 days. Coming from the horses mouth new participant's don't feel welcome on this forum or the same topics have been rehashed and debated since Cockie was an egg it's just plain boring. Me personally i get on here because it's the best tool for breeding second to none.

Whatís the content and word count? Have you done the count on here? Anyway, Iíll agree to disagree.


Edward (ted) Howard
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1020
Dogs 16 / Races 0

03 Jan 2020 02:29


 (3)
 (0)


One of the threads tends to paint us as thugs when I don't think any of us are but the problem is we become the idiots with that sort of response and some seem to have lost their respect for other posters and attack for no reason its time to start looking in the mirror before we post take a deep breath and leave the shit out.Also agree don't respond to someone not that it will matter he will argue with himself. Cheers Ted.



Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7083
Dogs 10 / Races 0

03 Jan 2020 04:01


 (2)
 (0)


simon moore wrote:

Grant Dunphy wrote:

Onya Simon-spot on.


so i'm not the only one who has figured it out huh? lol

No there are plenty who have figured it out Simon.

He gets his kicks out of seeing how many views and replies he gets. It's called confrontational journalism, or shock jock.
I don't even read his rubbish anymore.
G-Data is like buying the newspaper, just for the form guide.
Almost everything around it is rubbish.


David Mennie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 497
Dogs 1 / Races 1

03 Jan 2020 04:59


 (2)
 (0)


frank muldowney wrote:

the forum is dead because nobody takes part if you ask about something they view but no reply

or criticise you ..i hardly bother coming anymore and if you do post something be ready for some one whos possibly been drinking to go off half cocked with half baked shit or deliberate misunderstanding ..possibly just to make themselves feel better or bigger ...etc etc blah blah ...im only here now cause i want to breed a bitch and use the test mating and maybe ask an opinion from more expreinced breeders


posts 56page  1 2 3