home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Dogs ID  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  
 
Facebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  | Ask the Vet  | Memorials    Help  print pedigree      
TV  |  Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

   

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsFor SaleGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingRetirementBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions about breeding theories?
Or do you need tips on how to rear your pups?

Hooked On Scotchpage  1 2 3 4 5 6 


Branko Lezaja
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 475
Dogs 2 / Races 0

06 Aug 2020 06:15


 (1)
 (0)


It's official Champion Hooked On Scotch has been retired to stud , personally I can't wait to use him & already have a bitch reserved specially for him , wishing his connections all the best with his stud career.

P.S I have no involvement with Hooked On Scotch , I'm just a big fan of his.


Michael Barry
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7261
Dogs 26 / Races 9

06 Aug 2020 06:55


 (4)
 (0)


Branko Lezaja wrote:

It's official Champion Hooked On Scotch has been retired to stud , personally I can't wait to use him & already have a bitch reserved specially for him , wishing his connections all the best with his stud career.

P.S I have no involvement with Hooked On Scotch , I'm just a big fan of his.


ill wait
CLICK HERE


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 276
Dogs 14 / Races 50

06 Aug 2020 07:23


 (0)
 (0)


Hes going to get his chance. Just on the obvious Fernando Bale angle. Then youve got a few successful sires in Ireland carrying Droopys Kewell, just like him. Why I suspect Frightful Flash Kennels bought his half brother Out of Range.

Then if you look at Dundee Osprey, just as it works in Ireland. Fabregas females have a proven angle there too.





Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7401
Dogs 10 / Races 0

06 Aug 2020 13:38


 (2)
 (0)


Whiskey Riot, Sennachie and now Hooked On Scotch.

Hard decision. How will I ever choose........

EXTERNAL LINK



Jack Ogilvie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 14042
Dogs 0 / Races 1

06 Aug 2020 22:06


 (0)
 (0)


Jamie ,HOS ,could be very good dog at stud. Very good race dog ,very good bitch line. But will he or any of the others suit your bitch.put up a test mating,but heed the words of mick wait till he is a proven sire. Zambora brockie could be a consideration. But to which bitch Jamie. But.
Cheers jack



Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7401
Dogs 10 / Races 0

06 Aug 2020 23:12


 (3)
 (0)


Hi Jack. You're absolutely right mate, Only to a suitable bitch and I haven't got one of those yet. I did make a suggestion yesterday though, to a daughter of Sulzanti.
Personally I'm not worried about using an unproven sire. I know people will say a proven sires take out a lot of guesswork.
My response to that would be, there should not be any guesswork.


Raymond Peter Fewings
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 158
Dogs 0 / Races 0

07 Aug 2020 00:18


 (4)
 (0)


Hearing good comments re My Redeemer. Off topic. Sons of Garcia will be next wave.


Michael Barry
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7261
Dogs 26 / Races 9

07 Aug 2020 00:18


 (3)
 (0)


Jamie Quinlivian wrote:

Hi Jack. You're absolutely right mate, Only to a suitable bitch and I haven't got one of those yet. I did make a suggestion yesterday though, to a daughter of Sulzanti.
Personally I'm not worried about using an unproven sire. I know people will say a proven sires take out a lot of guesswork.
My response to that would be, there should not be any guesswork.

using unproven sires or unproven bitches is all GUESSWORK

then using an unproven sire or bitch with Dents in their ARMOUR is even more Guesswork

im more than happy to wait and pay the premium , been burnt too often




Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7401
Dogs 10 / Races 0

07 Aug 2020 04:44


 (3)
 (0)


Michael Barry wrote:

Jamie Quinlivian wrote:

Hi Jack. You're absolutely right mate, Only to a suitable bitch and I haven't got one of those yet. I did make a suggestion yesterday though, to a daughter of Sulzanti.
Personally I'm not worried about using an unproven sire. I know people will say a proven sires take out a lot of guesswork.
My response to that would be, there should not be any guesswork.

using unproven sires or unproven bitches is all GUESSWORK

then using an unproven sire or bitch with Dents in their ARMOUR is even more Guesswork

im more than happy to wait and pay the premium , been burnt too often

Each to their own Mick but I think guesswork is when you say 'well Fernando worked with the neighbours bitch so I'll use Fernando'
Every sire was unproven for the first 18 months.




Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18314
Dogs 14498 / Races 1818

07 Aug 2020 04:47


 (2)
 (0)


Raymond Peter Fewings wrote:

Hearing good comments re My Redeemer. Off topic. Sons of Garcia will be next wave.

In saying that a son of Mepunga Blazer won a maiden at Cannington in a stunning 29.45

Now thats fast

CLICK HERE


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 276
Dogs 14 / Races 50

07 Aug 2020 06:11


 (0)
 (0)


Interesting to see the likes of Fernando Bale and now next wave Zambora Brockie, Aussie Infrared and Mepunga Blazer standing up and being taken note of...all with a big outcross influence up close.


Matt James
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1431
Dogs 37 / Races 2

07 Aug 2020 07:24


 (5)
 (0)


Darren Leeson wrote:

Interesting to see the likes of Fernando Bale and now next wave Zambora Brockie, Aussie Infrared and Mepunga Blazer standing up and being taken note of...all with a big outcross influence up close.

All just my opinion and probably means nothing, but Zambora Brockie requires a hard chasing and very outgoing broodie to produce his best. Mepunga Blazer I think will produce best to a little bit meek and mild broodies (fabregas, zambora, my bro fabio, bekim bale types). And Aussie Infrared is producing quality to the Labrador up the road by the looks of things, every city race seems to have one from only a handful of pups racing ;)

But back on topic I think Hooked On Scotch will require a very hard chasing broodie to produce his best because as much as he was extremely talented you did have the will he or won't he in the back of your mind a little bit towards the end of his career (once again just my opinion)




Steven Martin
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7582
Dogs 180 / Races 66

07 Aug 2020 09:01


 (2)
 (0)


Matt James wrote:

All just my opinion and probably means nothing, but Zambora Brockie requires a hard chasing and very outgoing broodie to produce his best.


Sorry to be off-topic but I have to comment on Matt's above opinion.

Arguably ZB best litter todate comes from a damline that has produced nonnies (that are official too) in its last 3 generations.
I've personally witnessed this & obviously the breeder, who is a mate of mine.
But the damline in question producers bloody outstandingly fast puppies & the ZB litter has managed to correct this defect with zero tickets.


Matt James
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1431
Dogs 37 / Races 2

07 Aug 2020 10:46


 (1)
 (0)


steven martin wrote:

Matt James wrote:

All just my opinion and probably means nothing, but Zambora Brockie requires a hard chasing and very outgoing broodie to produce his best.


Sorry to be off-topic but I have to comment on Matt's above opinion.

Arguably ZB best litter todate comes from a damline that has produced nonnies (that are official too) in its last 3 generations.
I've personally witnessed this & obviously the breeder, who is a mate of mine.
But the damline in question producers bloody outstandingly fast puppies & the ZB litter has managed to correct this defect with zero tickets.

That's fair enough, it's just my opinion but I'm more than happy to be wrong.

He has produced some very quick dogs in Queensland and a few with Thompsons and as a result he's had a lot of services so I hope he produces plenty of good hard chasing rockets for the breeders that put their faith in him. I just think on what I've seen and heard of his pups he'll be best to very outgoing hard chasers (but most sires are obviously gonna produce better to a hard chaser)




Steven Martin
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7582
Dogs 180 / Races 66

07 Aug 2020 11:58


 (0)
 (0)


I don't think anybody is wrong Matt. It all comes down to ticking all the boxes & a little bit of luck, once they start racing. Cheers.


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 276
Dogs 14 / Races 50

07 Aug 2020 12:19


 (0)
 (0)


Interesting difference of opinion. On the face value of it...watching Zambora Brockie, youd go along way to find a harder chaser than Brockie! Id have expected that to be put into his pups.

Hooked On Scotch is well documented, but had that freak quality. Going to be very interesting to see how he performs at stud. He has many positives...a sire line that seems to be producing a heap of sires which have fast offspring.

Then, he comes from a dam line which has produced a stack of sires...some great, some fair. And as I mentioned above...carrying Droopys Kewell, would definitely be a reason Frightful Flash Kennels purchased his half brother Out Of Range. Beccuse many a successful sire in Ireland/UK carries Droopys Kewell...

Id say at worst Hooked On Scotch will be the equal of these sires in Ireland. Droopys Kewell in him matches many lines throughout Australia!

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE




Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18314
Dogs 14498 / Races 1818

07 Aug 2020 23:25


 (0)
 (0)


Darren Leeson wrote:

Interesting difference of opinion. On the face value of it...watching Zambora Brockie, youd go along way to find a harder chaser than Brockie! Id have expected that to be put into his pups.

Hooked On Scotch is well documented, but had that freak quality. Going to be very interesting to see how he performs at stud. He has many positives...a sire line that seems to be producing a heap of sires which have fast offspring.

Then, he comes from a dam line which has produced a stack of sires...some great, some fair. And as I mentioned above...carrying Droopys Kewell, would definitely be a reason Frightful Flash Kennels purchased his half brother Out Of Range. Beccuse many a successful sire in Ireland/UK carries Droopys Kewell...

Id say at worst Hooked On Scotch will be the equal of these sires in Ireland. Droopys Kewell in him matches many lines throughout Australia!

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Darren

Apart from Larkhill Jo to tie into their lines, they would have purchased him because he was by Fernando Bale and they have so many strains of Head Honcho via Top Honcho, Honcho Classic, Royal Impact etc, they also have many of variations of Brett Lee through the great sire himself and also Crash (Brett Lee being well proven to FB) and also Sonic Flight (already well proven to FB here)

Then they have a lot of Kinloch Brae bitches (also proven to FB via Sennachie) & Hondo Black, Vans Escalade and Superior Product lines to blend in

Out of Range is perfectly bred for them at this point in time and being a dual Group 1 winner and winner up to 725m, he could be easily be their next Top Honcho




Branko Lezaja
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 475
Dogs 2 / Races 0

07 Aug 2020 23:52


 (4)
 (0)


Getting tired of seeing comments on here about other stud dogs as this thread is about Superstar Hooked On Scotch, not only was he a freak on the race track his pedigree is 2nd to none , he'll upgrade alot of bitches & is a no brainer for smart breeders IMO , as for people saying they'll wait till he's proven I didn't hear anyone say that about Aston Dee Bee , Mepunga Blazer etc LMAO ,I can't wait to use him as I've got 'The Bitch' for him.


Darren Leeson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 276
Dogs 14 / Races 50

08 Aug 2020 00:40


 (0)
 (0)


That goes without saying Sandro. Other than a small shipment of Fernando Bale, not sure if they got anymore? So theyd be desperate to get a son of Fernando Bale. For reasons you mention as well. But, as those links show...the fact Nicki Fields carries Droopys Kewell, would have lit FFK eyes up choosing this particular son of Fernando! Droopys Kewell is a major player in pedigrees the world over! That fact alone...as the links show give Hooked On Scotch a good chance of success!


Mark Staines
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 3637
Dogs 68 / Races 14

08 Aug 2020 00:48


 (1)
 (0)


Branko Lezaja wrote:

Getting tired of seeing comments on here about other stud dogs as this thread is about Superstar Hooked On Scotch, not only was he a freak on the race track his pedigree is 2nd to none , he'll upgrade alot of bitches & is a no brainer for smart breeders IMO , as for people saying they'll wait till he's proven I didn't hear anyone say that about Aston Dee Bee , Mepunga Blazer etc LMAO ,I can't wait to use him as I've got 'The Bitch' for him.

"SPOT ON BRANKO"


posts 106page  1 2 3 4 5 6