At a meeting held at the track on August 15th a survival plan for the future of Longford Greyhound Stadium was discussed. Over 100 people from all over Ireland attended and heard that basically there are 2 options for the track:
* Close down on Friday August 23rd
* Deal with the urgent issues raised by the Fire Officer and other financial requirements by raising funds immediately.
It is estimated that if we raised €25,000 in the next 2 weeks that racing at the track could continue to October.
It was clearly pointed out that raising these funds will NOT guarantee that racing will continue after October. The track will also require a further €20,000 to survive after that.
Basically it’s a big gamble, but faced with the other option of closing immediately those in attendance decided unanimously to fight for the future of the track. The Longford Track Supporters Club have formed a fundraising committee with the aim of raising €25,000 as soon as possible. This figure is easily attainable as the goodwill is there. We are asking owners, trainers and anyone worldwide with an interest in greyhound racing to contribute to the fund.
Please click on YES if you would like to help.
Thank you for your Support.
Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum
The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.
Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.