home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Tattoo  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  |  Fighting Fund  |           SHOP-UKFacebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  |  Ask the Vet    Help  print pedigree    
Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

    Sponsored by:-   Rapidvite

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingAdoptionBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions about greyhound racing?
Do you need advice on how to train a greyhound?

New IGB websitepage  1 2 3 

Clive Padwick
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 7
Dogs 0 / Races 0

10 Jul 2017 16:26


Yet again the IGB demonstrate that they have got more money than sense. Doubtless some clever dick of a salesman from an IT company has made a fortune and sold them a totally unnecessary fancy new website. There is an old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it!"


Frank Muldowney
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 104
Dogs 1 / Races 0

10 Jul 2017 17:16


why try to fix something thats not broken old site alot better


Clive Padwick
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 7
Dogs 0 / Races 0

10 Jul 2017 17:59


frank muldowney wrote:

why try to fix something thats not broken old site alot better

Quite agree Frank. Also it is beyond the whit of anyone at the IGB to understand that most of us that own and train greyhounds live in the countryside often remote with poor internet access. Perhaps they think we all live with our greyhounds in flats in the centre of Dublin where we can get 4G access from our fibre optic cables and therefore see all of their pretty pictures of greyhounds. Funnily enough I happen to know what a greyhound looks like but I don't suppose anyone in the management of the IGB has ever seen one!


Declan Power
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 278
Dogs 7 / Races 0

10 Jul 2017 22:43


Can't see times or distance on my phone...anyone else have same problem??


Colin Townend
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 58
Dogs 0 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 00:18


declan power wrote:

Can't see times or distance on my phone...anyone else have same problem??


Sire & Dam have equal priority .
Have to look twice just to see who won!


Patrick Flanagan
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 95
Dogs 8 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 00:42


cant find dog search or upcoming racecards


Patrick Flanagan
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 95
Dogs 8 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 00:45


Patrick Flanagan wrote:

cant find dog search or upcoming racecards


why change something that was good



Hugh Coghlan
(Verified User)
Posts 26
Dogs 14 / Races 2

11 Jul 2017 09:02


I think it's fantastic great new site . I remember rushing down to the newspaper shop to see results and cards and maybe it was an early edition with no greyhounds on it . Get over it and move on and stop being so negative


Stephen Potter
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 308
Dogs 112 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 09:09


hugh coghlan wrote:

I think it's fantastic great new site . I remember rushing down to the newspaper shop to see results and cards and maybe it was an early edition with no greyhounds on it . Get over it and move on and stop being so negative


whats new about it ?all i see is the same information nothing new so why the change?correct me if i am wrong and tell me whats been added.


Liam Farrell
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 5
Dogs 0 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 09:15







Lar Sutton
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 2061
Dogs 24 / Races 64

11 Jul 2017 10:41


Its like something a child put together!!!!!!!

Design wise its an absolute piece of sxxxe

You would get a pain in your finger scrolling down the page.

Whoever gave the ok for this site redesign should be sacked with immediate effect!


Lotte Orum
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 513
Dogs 49 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 11:35


Hierarchy is off. Prioritising Talking dogs, regulations and welfare and results.... shouldn't it be upcoming racecards, restaurant bookings, and betting?
Main image portraits tranquility, thought greyhound racing was supposed to portrait action.
The lack of responsive design is embarrassing, in these days when everything is on the go, most websites are designed for mobiles and translated to pc, isn't the target group young people going out for a night of entertainment?
The scrolling is a no no.
But, despite all the negative, the page is super fast !
A friend of mine and myself emailed IGB to point out the issues with the webpage, perhaps your complaints will get further if you all do the same :-)



Lar Sutton
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 2061
Dogs 24 / Races 64

11 Jul 2017 12:24


Lotte Orum wrote:

Hierarchy is off. Prioritising Talking dogs, regulations and welfare and results.... shouldn't it be upcoming racecards, restaurant bookings, and betting?
Main image portraits tranquility, thought greyhound racing was supposed to portrait action.
The lack of responsive design is embarrassing, in these days when everything is on the go, most websites are designed for mobiles and translated to pc, isn't the target group young people going out for a night of entertainment?
The scrolling is a no no.
But, despite all the negative, the page is super fast !
A friend of mine and myself emailed IGB to point out the issues with the webpage, perhaps your complaints will get further if you all do the same :-)

LOL- e-mail them- they dont listen- or maybe they have a forum- anyway its not a new site- same info displayed in a different format- I think any IT guy would charge no more than a thousand euro for this - love to know how much- if they spend 50k on learning how to talk to the PAC-Im sure they could justify 10k for this crap!



John Brennan (Navan)
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 556
Dogs 16 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 12:59


If you click on a dam in the results section you don't seem to be able to check her litters. Do you always have to put the name into the search box? That would be very annoying


Dean Randall
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 184
Dogs 11 / Races 1

11 Jul 2017 13:43


Can't search for any dog in the search box!!!



Lynda Bonner
United Kingdom
(Team Member)
Posts 5907
Dogs 10 / Races 8

11 Jul 2017 14:03


EXTERNAL LINK


Neil Jones
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 2
Dogs 0 / Races 0

11 Jul 2017 15:09


How do you log into Igb site now?


Hugh Coghlan
(Verified User)
Posts 26
Dogs 14 / Races 2

11 Jul 2017 16:06


Same as before to log in . To search for a greyhound go to racing drop menu to greyhound search


David Dunne
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 1233
Dogs 83 / Races 24

11 Jul 2017 17:44


john brennan (Navan) wrote:

If you click on a dam in the results section you don't seem to be able to check her litters. Do you always have to put the name into the search box? That would be very annoying

agree,you now have to type in every dog from the litter to see them where as before you could click on any offspring that had trialed


Seamus McCloskey
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 2452
Dogs 104 / Races 1

11 Jul 2017 21:41


Was any of the illustrations meant to promote Irish dogs or Irish tracks?
Are the dogs shown Irish?
Are the tracks shown Irish?
Are the dogs shown wearing Australian muzzles?
Is the muzzles shown on the dogs Legal in Ireland?
What help is the new site to Owners or trainers?
Can we see instantly if a young dog is qualified to Race?
Can we see instantly which distances a young dog is qualified to Race ?
Can we see instantly what tracks a young dog is qualified to Race on?
Can we see instantly the date when a dog may race before having to requalify ?
Is there any help to the breeder with new features such as test matings or available Irish sires?



posts 49page  1 2 3