home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Tattoo  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  |  Fighting Fund  |           SHOP-UKFacebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  |  Ask the Vet    Help  print pedigree    
Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

    Sponsored by:-   Rapidvite

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingAdoptionBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions about greyhound racing?
Do you need advice on how to train a greyhound?

Horses vs Dogspage  1 2 3 4 


Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 10:34


 (1)
 (9)

Michael Peter Martin wrote:

Human behavior, it makes one feel better to know someone else is suffering.

V'landy may deserve a kick in the goolies but including everyone in the horse code as being like him is childish stuff.

I would have thought that having seen the injustice and foolishness of this behaviour first hand we would all have more empathy.

I agree with Johnno

Micheal it’s not that you agree with me but you are correct and thank you.
I know many many many horse people standing against the greyhound ban and it is shameful to see average greyhound people wishing the worse for the average horse people.
It’s extremely poor form.



Shane Carter
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4805
Dogs 13 / Races 0

07 Jul 2018 10:48


 (18)
 (0)

Sorry ....but....

Thoroughbred industry are one of the most selfish & entitled groups anywhere....

I still strongly remember the thoroughbreds were on their knees from the horse flu breakout & greyhounds from top to bottom agreed to help, racing many many more meetings, taking a huge hit on prize money to make it stretch further, keep the tab turnover going as much as we could ...all for brotherhood ....the Aussie way of helping a mate out ..,in the end, we never got so much as a thank you ...nothing ...,& this the ban comes out & as many mentioned, the CEO couldn’t wait to destroy us, white ant any support we had hoped for ...no one single thoroughbred group came out in support ...they went hiding, praying the greenies wouldn’t investigate the thoroughbred industry & their NIL rehoming after racing...repeat ...not a single group & there are many, did not support us in any way & they expect greyhounds to act charitable & kind after the beating we have had ...,please .....I hope they investigate them fully including rehoming ......

Cheers




Richard Gray
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2023
Dogs 11 / Races 9

07 Jul 2018 10:54


 (12)
 (0)

Johnos quote: I know many many many horse people standing against the greyhound ban and it is shameful to see average greyhound people wishing the worse for the average horse people.
It’s extremely poor form.

Johno, can you copy and paste the comments made by the MANY MANY MANY horse people that stood for us? (Just one will do) Cheers mate.
Rich.





Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 552
Dogs 10 / Races 8

07 Jul 2018 11:25


 (3)
 (1)

Michael Peter Martin wrote:

Human behavior, it makes one feel better to know someone else is suffering.

V'landy may deserve a kick in the goolies but including everyone in the horse code as being like him is childish stuff.

I would have thought that having seen the injustice and foolishness of this behaviour first hand we would all have more empathy.

I agree with Johnno

Your Quote
Human behavior, it makes one feel better to know someone else is suffering.
How is the Horse industry suffering please explain
Greyhounds people are.




Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 11:51


 (2)
 (4)

Richard Gray wrote:

Johnos quote: I know many many many horse people standing against the greyhound ban and it is shameful to see average greyhound people wishing the worse for the average horse people.
It’s extremely poor form.

Johno, can you copy and paste the comments made by the MANY MANY MANY horse people that stood for us? (Just one will do) Cheers mate.
Rich.

Will this be good enough?
EXTERNAL LINK
I think one of Australia’s top trainers said all codes should stand together.
Yes quote me.


Mark Donohue
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2285
Dogs 6 / Races 0

07 Jul 2018 12:03


 (5)
 (2)

Should, but they don’t ! In fact they were instructed not to. Words are cheap.


John Robinson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 148
Dogs 5 / Races 0

07 Jul 2018 12:06


 (6)
 (0)

what I ask of Johnno is how many of the many people in the horse game you know have gone to V Landy's and said give the dogs their fair share. Now to put some things in order It is my opinion the upper echelons of the racing game who have with their politician mates created the problems for the dog game believe me of all the people I know in the racing game I have never heard any say they want the dogs destroyed but ask them to go to the administration of the horses and the politicians and tell them to give us our fair share it will never happen they love using our share to give them the extras we do not get, so they have power to help us but it would mean giving away money they now get. I have a lot of people in the horse game my father was a jockey my son was a jockey I have owned many race horses have won races I have bred racehorses and may I add I have sent horses to the knackery we are like people some are fantastic some are grubs so Johnathon don't loose your credibility defending them don't rubbish them either



Ricki Hassall
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 111
Dogs 15 / Races 1

07 Jul 2018 12:17


 (3)
 (8)

Johnathon campbell wrote:

I need to say something here based off inbred comments on Facebook regarding the investigation of the Horse industry.
Any greyhound person that thinks this is great shows a very low intellect because high class trainers all the way down to the old battler with two horses spoke about how stupid the ban was but yet greyhound people are making comments that they hope they suffer ‘un f n real.
All greyhound people have had to run around telling people that not all greyhound people are tared with the same brush and their is only a bad few but then we have Dog people wanting to see ALL the horse people burn, these people make me sick and are the low that keeps our industry down.
Could anyone post links of social media we’re the horse industry participants told the greyhound industry to rot and suffer?
It’s a group trying to ban dogs and horses not one against the other but some people are to simple to work that out.

I tend to agree with Johnathon............at the end of the day we must realise we are ALL in the same basket......racing.

Its true the Horse Racing industry didn't support us during our darkest days.......but that was mainly due to the flawed McHugh Report....that stated......'If the Greyhound Industry is to continue.....they should receive MARKET SHARE'.

How could they possibly support us....when they would lose revenue due to that clause?

Very smart and divisive condition by Mr McHugh (A thoroughbred man).

All 3 Codes would be so much stronger if we were all united in our approach to the problems we all face with minority parties.

PS......I'm still waiting for 'market share' ?????





Richard Gray
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2023
Dogs 11 / Races 9

07 Jul 2018 12:34


 (14)
 (0)

"Daily Telegraph" THE boss of horse racing in NSW has slammed a recommendation to the government that would hand a bigger portion of TAB’s yearly revenue to the greyhound industry.

The Greyhound Industry Reform Panel report, tabled by former premier Morris Iemma, reccommended the greyhound industry get a greater carve-up of revenues from TAB betting to pay for welfare reforms.

But Racing NSW boss Peter V’landys labelled such moves ‘ridculous’.

“One person that sat on that committee is from the greyhound industry, so naturally they are going to try and take someone else’s revenue,” he said.

SO YEP,,,, Keep telling me they did the right thing by us.....(This is just one article / quote from many) For Fu&$s sake,,, they hung our industry out to dry (particularly in NSW / QLD) I wish NO HORSE TRAINER harm,,, but will I be sticking my neck out to support them? Not in this life time..





Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 14:19


 (3)
 (11)

Richard Gray wrote:

"Daily Telegraph" THE boss of horse racing in NSW has slammed a recommendation to the government that would hand a bigger portion of TAB’s yearly revenue to the greyhound industry.

The Greyhound Industry Reform Panel report, tabled by former premier Morris Iemma, reccommended the greyhound industry get a greater carve-up of revenues from TAB betting to pay for welfare reforms.

But Racing NSW boss Peter V’landys labelled such moves ‘ridculous’.

“One person that sat on that committee is from the greyhound industry, so naturally they are going to try and take someone else’s revenue,” he said.

SO YEP,,,, Keep telling me they did the right thing by us.....(This is just one article / quote from many) For Fu&$s sake,,, they hung our industry out to dry (particularly in NSW / QLD) I wish NO HORSE TRAINER harm,,, but will I be sticking my neck out to support them? Not in this life time..

You were shot to pieces when you wanted to call me out on my quote which I supplied.
My post and point is people like yourself want to see average people in the horse racing industry suffer because you feel like you have.
Everyone I ask were are your greyhound d leaders the ones protecting our industry?
Look there before blaming everyone else for the industry’s short falls.


Mark Donohue
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2285
Dogs 6 / Races 0

07 Jul 2018 16:28


 (0)
 (0)

I repetitive response that is somewhat confusing. It might be because you have a foot in each camp, you’re just tired or some other reason.



Grant Thomas
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 11285
Dogs 64 / Races 20

07 Jul 2018 16:54


 (2)
 (0)

Ricki Hassall wrote:

Johnathon campbell wrote:

I need to say something here based off inbred comments on Facebook regarding the investigation of the Horse industry.
Any greyhound person that thinks this is great shows a very low intellect because high class trainers all the way down to the old battler with two horses spoke about how stupid the ban was but yet greyhound people are making comments that they hope they suffer ‘un f n real.
All greyhound people have had to run around telling people that not all greyhound people are tared with the same brush and their is only a bad few but then we have Dog people wanting to see ALL the horse people burn, these people make me sick and are the low that keeps our industry down.
Could anyone post links of social media we’re the horse industry participants told the greyhound industry to rot and suffer?
It’s a group trying to ban dogs and horses not one against the other but some people are to simple to work that out.

I tend to agree with Johnathon............at the end of the day we must realise we are ALL in the same basket......racing.

Its true the Horse Racing industry didn't support us during our darkest days.......but that was mainly due to the flawed McHugh Report....that stated......'If the Greyhound Industry is to continue.....they should receive MARKET SHARE'.

How could they possibly support us....when they would lose revenue due to that clause?

Very smart and divisive condition by Mr McHugh (A thoroughbred man).

All 3 Codes would be so much stronger if we were all united in our approach to the problems we all face with minority parties.

PS......I'm still waiting for 'market share' ?????

I don't think they supported us ( 4 corners report ) because they didn't want attention drawn toward them as well...Seems there's attention now...




Richard Gray
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2023
Dogs 11 / Races 9

07 Jul 2018 21:03


 (7)
 (1)

Johnathon campbell wrote:

Richard Gray wrote:

"Daily Telegraph" THE boss of horse racing in NSW has slammed a recommendation to the government that would hand a bigger portion of TAB’s yearly revenue to the greyhound industry.

The Greyhound Industry Reform Panel report, tabled by former premier Morris Iemma, reccommended the greyhound industry get a greater carve-up of revenues from TAB betting to pay for welfare reforms.

But Racing NSW boss Peter V’landys labelled such moves ‘ridculous’.

“One person that sat on that committee is from the greyhound industry, so naturally they are going to try and take someone else’s revenue,” he said.

SO YEP,,,, Keep telling me they did the right thing by us.....(This is just one article / quote from many) For Fu&$s sake,,, they hung our industry out to dry (particularly in NSW / QLD) I wish NO HORSE TRAINER harm,,, but will I be sticking my neck out to support them? Not in this life time..

You were shot to pieces when you wanted to call me out on my quote which I supplied.
My post and point is people like yourself want to see average people in the horse racing industry suffer because you feel like you have.
Everyone I ask were are your greyhound d leaders the ones protecting our industry?
Look there before blaming everyone else for the industry’s short falls.

Oh Johnathon,,, Shot to pieces? Good on you for finding the one article from the MANY MANY MANY you quoted. And don't you dare misquote me for your own purpose. No where have I stated that I wish the horse codes to suffer. In fact I stated I wish them no harm at all! So dont go making cr#p up about myself.

Further, this is a greyhound thread! If you are so dead set on sticking up for the poor horse folk, go onto a horse folk thread and do something about it there as I dont believe you will get much support here bagging dog people for not sticking up for an industry that hung us out to dry.
You have posted great stuff on this forum in the past, but I feel you are off the mark with this one.



Mark Donohue
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 2285
Dogs 6 / Races 0

07 Jul 2018 22:11


 (1)
 (0)

If V’landys had stated “somebody else’s revenue” that would be the most ridiculous comments” I’ve ever heard.


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 17202
Dogs 13929 / Races 1797

07 Jul 2018 22:52


 (3)
 (0)

john robinson wrote:

what I ask of Johnno is how many of the many people in the horse game you know have gone to V Landy's and said give the dogs their fair share. Now to put some things in order It is my opinion the upper echelons of the racing game who have with their politician mates created the problems for the dog game believe me of all the people I know in the racing game I have never heard any say they want the dogs destroyed but ask them to go to the administration of the horses and the politicians and tell them to give us our fair share it will never happen they love using our share to give them the extras we do not get, so they have power to help us but it would mean giving away money they now get. I have a lot of people in the horse game my father was a jockey my son was a jockey I have owned many race horses have won races I have bred racehorses and may I add I have sent horses to the knackery we are like people some are fantastic some are grubs so Johnathon don't loose your credibility defending them don't rubbish them either

Very well written John

Now people, listen to him, John's family is the very fabric of horse racing is made of

They all feel sorry for us and sympathize with us, but they won't give up their share to give us our fair share

I love horse racing, but I love greyhound racing much more

But what I hate is inequity and falseness

That's what's wrong with this whole situation




Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 22:56


 (0)
 (3)

Richard Gray wrote:

Johnathon campbell wrote:

Richard Gray wrote:

"Daily Telegraph" THE boss of horse racing in NSW has slammed a recommendation to the government that would hand a bigger portion of TAB’s yearly revenue to the greyhound industry.

The Greyhound Industry Reform Panel report, tabled by former premier Morris Iemma, reccommended the greyhound industry get a greater carve-up of revenues from TAB betting to pay for welfare reforms.

But Racing NSW boss Peter V’landys labelled such moves ‘ridculous’.

“One person that sat on that committee is from the greyhound industry, so naturally they are going to try and take someone else’s revenue,” he said.

SO YEP,,,, Keep telling me they did the right thing by us.....(This is just one article / quote from many) For Fu&$s sake,,, they hung our industry out to dry (particularly in NSW / QLD) I wish NO HORSE TRAINER harm,,, but will I be sticking my neck out to support them? Not in this life time..

You were shot to pieces when you wanted to call me out on my quote which I supplied.
My post and point is people like yourself want to see average people in the horse racing industry suffer because you feel like you have.
Everyone I ask were are your greyhound d leaders the ones protecting our industry?
Look there before blaming everyone else for the industry’s short falls.

Oh Johnathon,,, Shot to pieces? Good on you for finding the one article from the MANY MANY MANY you quoted. And don't you dare misquote me for your own purpose. No where have I stated that I wish the horse codes to suffer. In fact I stated I wish them no harm at all! So dont go making cr#p up about myself.

Further, this is a greyhound thread! If you are so dead set on sticking up for the poor horse folk, go onto a horse folk thread and do something about it there as I dont believe you will get much support here bagging dog people for not sticking up for an industry that hung us out to dry.
You have posted great stuff on this forum in the past, but I feel you are off the mark with this one.

If there was ever a horse forum of face book page that had people telling others that the greyhounds should suffer then I’d give to them but you don’t find that only greyhound people on forums and Facebook happy that others are going to cop sh&t.
Do you know any horse racing family’s Richard?
Then ask them if they supported the greyhound ban because many many many thought it was terrible and you thought you were being smart by say ‘wait everyone let Johno show us just one, you were trying to be a smart .. . and you know it.
My point is like others on here have mentioned that if people of another racing code want to wish on another the same problems they are still crying about then that makes them lower then a snakes ar.e hole..
Another home truth is all the greyhound people I know never have much good to say about each other and it’s the culture in greyhounds and whilst it’s like that nothing good will ever come from it.



Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 23:01


 (0)
 (4)

Sandro Bechini wrote:

john robinson wrote:

what I ask of Johnno is how many of the many people in the horse game you know have gone to V Landy's and said give the dogs their fair share. Now to put some things in order It is my opinion the upper echelons of the racing game who have with their politician mates created the problems for the dog game believe me of all the people I know in the racing game I have never heard any say they want the dogs destroyed but ask them to go to the administration of the horses and the politicians and tell them to give us our fair share it will never happen they love using our share to give them the extras we do not get, so they have power to help us but it would mean giving away money they now get. I have a lot of people in the horse game my father was a jockey my son was a jockey I have owned many race horses have won races I have bred racehorses and may I add I have sent horses to the knackery we are like people some are fantastic some are grubs so Johnathon don't loose your credibility defending them don't rubbish them either

Very well written John

Now people, listen to him, John's family is the very fabric of horse racing is made of

They all feel sorry for us and sympathize with us, but they won't give up their share to give us our fair share

I love horse racing, but I love greyhound racing much more

But what I hate is inequity and falseness

That's what's wrong with this whole situation

So is it the fault of the small racing family’s?
Why do people want to see them suffer?
If v’landy and others did what they did (which I think is true) were are our leaders what are we going to do?
‘Get on social media and hope family’s rot’
That’s just poor Sandro




Mick Thompson
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 552
Dogs 10 / Races 8

07 Jul 2018 23:07


 (1)
 (0)

Will this be good enough?
EXTERNAL LINK
I think one of Australia’s top trainers said all codes should stand together.
Yes quote me.

Oh that was a good Quote from one of the top trainers in Australia On the 7th of July bit late to be saying we should all stick together on the day announcement was made FFS. He knew before we did & did he do anything the answer is No




Johnathon Campbell
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4603
Dogs 5 / Races 2

07 Jul 2018 23:12


 (1)
 (4)

Mick Thompson wrote:

Will this be good enough?
EXTERNAL LINK
I think one of Australia’s top trainers said all codes should stand together.
Yes quote me.

Oh that was a good Quote from one of the top trainers in Australia On the 7th of July bit late to be saying we should all stick together on the day announcement was made FFS. He knew before we did & did he do anything the answer is No

Mick I was asked to provide a quote and I provided one.
I know you would find it hard to understand but I was answering a question.
And another thing is that horse racing will always thrive and this report will not cause a ripple and it will only grow in years to come because it has leaders.
Mick were are our leaders? Is it you and your mates because your social nedia comments only bring more damage to us and less support that’s why I started this thread.
You talk sh&t at and industry and on each other only creates a poison.




Kevin Wright
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 4742
Dogs 1 / Races 1

07 Jul 2018 23:29


 (5)
 (0)

The PTB are the ones we should be calling out

Johnno you cannot blame people for feeling this way many are still very Angry and are bleeding out ..

Greyhound People are the salt of the Earth ..

Many have been pulled over the hot coals and are still dealing with it today ..

Many are bitter and are full of hatred for the GGs ...That will never change

I also Understand as you do that many within the Racing Industry did support us ...

I know a lot of Harness racing people also own Dogs ...and did support us ..

Let see the GGs SCQIRM a bit before we start coming to there defence ..

Maybe it is a bit immature or pointless to hammer these guys but Greyhound People now have a voice and we will be HEARD ...

Great post and i have never seen so many Dislikes ...You have done well Johnno ...lol



posts 72page  1 2 3 4