home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Dogs ID  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  
 
Facebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  |  Ask the Vet    Help  print pedigree      
TV  |  Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

   

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsFor SaleGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingRetirementBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions about greyhound racing?
Do you need advice on how to train a greyhound?

Can't edit races

John Marriott
United Kingdom
(Verified User)
Posts 570
Dogs 24 / Races 4

24 Mar 2020 13:05


 (0)
 (0)


I regularly try to edit races and CORRECT MISTAKES. I am now getting a 'You do not have permission to edit races'

The race I was trying to correct gave the dogs a ridiculous OUT OF LINE rating ... because it had the wrong time and wrong distance... it was a 525yds race not a 400yds race.

I USED TO regularly advise of name changes in the GBGB calendar.. but no longer can.

This website is a fantastic tool for breeding etc, but it is becoming more and more out of date. I realise the enormous task involved and would like to help... GD.. over to you.


Stephen Potter
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 358
Dogs 112 / Races 0

24 Mar 2020 14:19


 (0)
 (0)


john marriott wrote:

I regularly try to edit races and CORRECT MISTAKES. I am now getting a 'You do not have permission to edit races'

The race I was trying to correct gave the dogs a ridiculous OUT OF LINE rating ... because it had the wrong time and wrong distance... it was a 525yds race not a 400yds race.

I USED TO regularly advise of name changes in the GBGB calendar.. but no longer can.

This website is a fantastic tool for breeding etc, but it is becoming more and more out of date. I realise the enormous task involved and would like to help... GD.. over to you.


as I understand it you have to be a star member to alter or put anything into the data base, I use to put in all my breeding stats pups born ect when named I was putting those onto the data base , I think was the wrong move by the data admin to ask people to pay for the privalige of putting data in, as only dogs which have raced appear so not giving true reflection on breeding figuers i.e only those that make the track are registered on here.



Tony Gallagher
Australia
(Team Member)
Posts 5146
Dogs 11904 / Races 40189

24 Mar 2020 20:32


 (0)
 (0)


john marriott wrote:

I regularly try to edit races and CORRECT MISTAKES. I am now getting a 'You do not have permission to edit races'

The race I was trying to correct gave the dogs a ridiculous OUT OF LINE rating ... because it had the wrong time and wrong distance... it was a 525yds race not a 400yds race.

I USED TO regularly advise of name changes in the GBGB calendar.. but no longer can.

This website is a fantastic tool for breeding etc, but it is becoming more and more out of date. I realise the enormous task involved and would like to help... GD.. over to you.

Hi John, GD is not responsible for the GBGB having mistakes on its website. The races are currently being worked on by our I.T. to try to implement a system to get the going allowances up to date. Once all the work has finished paid members will have access to edit the races. All the help we can get is appreciated and any membership taken out helps pay for all the I.T. costs.

On a personal note John I hope you and your family are going well.


Sharon Hunt
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 5
Dogs 4 / Races 0

25 Mar 2020 18:43


 (0)
 (0)


Hi Tony

The gbgb are making mistakes and are putting up the wrong times and not the plus % on, look at this race and you will see,
CLICK HERE And this is the proper time to the race,
Nottingham 24/02/20
Feb 24

8:37

GMG 480 Trophy £200 (OR) 480m Going: +30
Watch Replay
1st

Strides Farran
bk d Crash-Farranrory Fay Mar 17
28.69
4/1
Trainer: J Hayton
(4.00) led second, middle
2nd

Knockboy Jet
bk d Tullymurry Act-Knockboy Kathy Jun 17
4
5/1
Trainer: G A Ferguson
(4.16) crowded third
3rd

Lemon Ronald
bdw d Droopys Jet-Lemon Belle Jul 16
3/4
7/2
Trainer: J Fenwick
(4.22) slow away, crowded run in
4th

Trade Chandler
bk d Big Daddy Cool-Tyrur Shelia Jun 17
1
20/1
Trainer: G A Griffiths
(4.08) clear run, middle
5th

Bellagors Coyote
bk b Rio Quattro-Bellagors Cadge Mar 17
3 1/2
18/1
Trainer: B Denby
(4.00) early pace, led to second
6th

Glory Millie
bkw b Droopys Jet-Kilara Cher Feb 18
2
5/6F
Trainer: A Hopkins
(4.13) crowded third
F/C: (6x1) £25.40
This is on the racing post site,
please can you change this race to its proper time on the race .


Andy Graveling
United Kingdom
(Verified User)
Posts 726
Dogs 189 / Races 170

25 Mar 2020 19:33


 (0)
 (0)


Sharon Hunt wrote:

This is on the racing post site,
please can you change this race to its proper time on the race .

Hi Sharon

I have now adjusted this meeting to the official going on the night.



Tony Gallagher
Australia
(Team Member)
Posts 5146
Dogs 11904 / Races 40189

25 Mar 2020 19:55


 (0)
 (0)


Sharon Hunt wrote:

Hi Tony

The gbgb are making mistakes and are putting up the wrong times and not the plus % on, look at this race and you will see,
CLICK HERE And this is the proper time to the race,
Nottingham 24/02/20
Feb 24

8:37

GMG 480 Trophy £200 (OR) 480m Going: +30
Watch Replay
1st

Strides Farran
bk d Crash-Farranrory Fay Mar 17
28.69
4/1
Trainer: J Hayton
(4.00) led second, middle
2nd

Knockboy Jet
bk d Tullymurry Act-Knockboy Kathy Jun 17
4
5/1
Trainer: G A Ferguson
(4.16) crowded third
3rd

Lemon Ronald
bdw d Droopys Jet-Lemon Belle Jul 16
3/4
7/2
Trainer: J Fenwick
(4.22) slow away, crowded run in
4th

Trade Chandler
bk d Big Daddy Cool-Tyrur Shelia Jun 17
1
20/1
Trainer: G A Griffiths
(4.08) clear run, middle
5th

Bellagors Coyote
bk b Rio Quattro-Bellagors Cadge Mar 17
3 1/2
18/1
Trainer: B Denby
(4.00) early pace, led to second
6th

Glory Millie
bkw b Droopys Jet-Kilara Cher Feb 18
2
5/6F
Trainer: A Hopkins
(4.13) crowded third
F/C: (6x1) £25.40
This is on the racing post site,
please can you change this race to its proper time on the race .

Thanks Sharon for bring this to our attention and thank you Andy for getting on to it so quickly.


Sharon Hunt
Ireland
(Verified User)
Posts 5
Dogs 4 / Races 0

26 Mar 2020 12:33


 (0)
 (0)


How can a 28.99 be worth 116 data points


Andy Graveling
United Kingdom
(Verified User)
Posts 726
Dogs 189 / Races 170

26 Mar 2020 12:36


 (1)
 (0)


Sharon Hunt wrote:

How can a 28.99 be worth 116 data points

Just repeating what I've already said last night......

Sharon
The form points are updated once a day at 1pm UK time, you will see the change tomorrow afternoon.

Andy

posts 8