I`m very new to the industry but would like to think I have a serious passion for it and all the great people involved. I love nothing more than to see great dogs winning top events (for owners,trainers,breeder and families) and also watching my A4,A5,A6 dogs complete at there level. Derby some day :)
What I cant understand is the in house BS. Surely all you very smart people understand that this services no one and is going to
kill the sport. I`m not for one minute saying that you all don't have valid points but would ask that we all unite. There is a great saying always surround yourself with people that are as good or better than you. From what I see we have the people please lets UNITE.
Title of this post is Ireland any good news and the answer is
Yes for the following reason
(A) IGB Announcements which help the integrity of our sport
1. IGB introduce a stronger test regime which is not only urine samples but now hair samples. This is welcomed by one and all in the greyhound industry.
2. IGB carried out 5,702 in its new state of the art laboratory in limerick with .3% adverse finding which is 15 in total
3. IGB issued exclusion orders under the greyhound industry act 1958
Please feel free to add more
Please send this message to all TD`s, Local Papers, facebook, twitter etc and above all the irish examiner.
UNITE against the Bullying and serious verbal and treating abuse of our people.
1) Boyle sports announce backing for Irish derby 250K price fund
2) Laurels sponsored for the next 4 years. Well done Cork
3) Dublin Coach
4) Larry O`Rourke Produce stake
5) JAG Buidling Services get involved in Kilkenny and Waterford 3 year sponsorship deal
I know this is just to name a few but if we come together and thank and embraced all sponsorship large or small. Post massages of thanks on there twitter, facebook etc this would only benefit us going forward.
Instead of letting the anti get to them.
Many hand make light work- UNITE and we will make our sport great
I like so many of you want the sport to be great and if we all pull together we will move forward faster. It wont be easy and at time you will have to give way for the betterment of the industry but your time will also come when your ideas make the difference.
UNITE AND MAKE OUR SPORT GREAT
A short message to Dave Cunningham/Kieran Boles
Can you help me on this
1. I don't know anything about the CLG - What is it and how many members?
2. I don't know anything about the IGOB- How many members are in it. I`m taking that it is the Irish Greyhound Owners Breeders
If you both wont mind expanding what is the purpose of each group it will allow me get a better understanding. In house problem are not good.
Also are the trainers not involved in any group?
UNITE and KEEP THE LIGHTS ON.
Gavin the one word you emphasised in your post was UNITE. Conciliation talks were arranged with the top conciliation officer in the country Kieran Mulvey, but for reasons unknown CLG refused to take part. If these people had the interest of the greyhound industry in mind a lot of us would like to know why that offer was refused.
I know you are a great supporter of the game with your “Story” dogs and also as a very much appreciated new sponsor. The fact that we cannot get genuine greyhound people to come together under one umbrella is absolutely frustrating
I don't know anyone on this site so I hold no agenda