home - to The Greyhound-Database
Home  |  Dog-Search  |  Dogs ID  |  Races  |  Race Cards  |  Coursing  |  Tracks  |  Statistic  |  Testmating  |  Kennels  
 
Facebook
Login  |    |  add_race  |  add_coursing  |  add_dog  |  Membership  |  Advertising  | Ask the Vet  | Memorials    Help  print pedigree      
TV  |  Active-Sires  |  Sire-Pages  |  Which Sire?  |  Classifieds  |  Auctions  |  Photos  |  Videos  |  Library  |  Adoption  |  Forum  |  About_us  |  Site Usage

Welcome to the Greyhound Knowledge Forum

   

The Greyhound-Data Forum has been created to act as a platform for greyhound enthusiasts to share information on this magnificent animal called a greyhound.

Greyhound-Data reserve the right to remove any post that is off topic, advertisements or opinions they consider to be offensive.

Please read the forum usage manual please note:

If you answer then please try to stay on topic. It's absolutely okay to answer in a broader scope but don't hijack posts by switching to something off topic.

In case you see an insulting post: DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Use the report button to inform the moderators so that we can delete it.

Read more...

All TopicsFor SaleGD-WebsiteBreedingHealthRacingCoursingRetirementBettingTalkLogin to post
Do you have questions how to use the Greyhound-Data website?
Or do you have ideas how to improve the site?

Test Mating for Paid Members Only page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Michael Barry
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7312
Dogs 26 / Races 9

21 Feb 2021 08:44


 (2)
 (0)


Jack Ogilvie wrote:

Mick ,I donít think a dollar a day will drive any one away.The cost of technology these days is very expensive some minor changes to my web site cost $800.
Cheers jack.


Jack you sound like chemist warehouse ,, everything they have is ONLY
$25.99 15.99 59.99 ,

a dollar day is $365.00 a year lol



Tony Gallagher
Australia
(Team Member)
Posts 5452
Dogs 11924 / Races 40187

21 Feb 2021 11:18


 (5)
 (0)


Hi Michael, you are correct with a lot of what you are saying and I know you have the best interest of GD in mind. No one can doubt your support both in the forum, adding dogs and financial. Your Gold membership is paid up until 1st of July 2025!

Greyhound-Data is struggling and Jason and I have done all we can. The adverts are annoying but this with the paid membership and advertising has kept us afloat.

I have opened the World Greyhound Organisation who are helping many new countries get involved in developing welfare and racing standards. As well they are setting up studbooks with some of the funds going directly into GD. We also are now selling straws to raise funds. I recently sent out an email shot to our members for membership and the response was fantastic but support always seems to come for the same people over and over again which is simply not fair. For the last 10 years we have been hoping ALL members would support us but this has not happened.





Ricky Hassall
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 176
Dogs 15 / Races 2

21 Feb 2021 11:42


 (0)
 (0)


Michael Barry wrote:

Ricky Hassall wrote:

It should never have been free.

I'm happy to pay for a service.

Mick......you're a tight ass :)

Mick has been a gold member for many many years , and is also paid up for another few years in advance ,

having an opinion dosen't make one a tight ass or a spendthrift

Good to see you can take a joke Mick :)




Jack Ogilvie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 14189
Dogs 0 / Races 1

21 Feb 2021 23:07


 (0)
 (0)


Yes mick ,that is how us capitalists work .yes should have been a dollar a week.
Must be a lot of rich people on here as no one has taken up my offer of paying for a bronze package.


Michael Barry
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7312
Dogs 26 / Races 9

22 Feb 2021 00:33


 (1)
 (0)


Ricky Hassall wrote:

Michael Barry wrote:

Ricky Hassall wrote:

It should never have been free.

I'm happy to pay for a service.

Mick......you're a tight ass :)

Mick has been a gold member for many many years , and is also paid up for another few years in advance ,

having an opinion dosen't make one a tight ass or a spendthrift

Good to see you can take a joke Mick :)


i also think Ricky your Tight Ass remarks should be directed to those who have been placing business and private adds for years and have contributed SFA in the way of subscriptions , but i have been on about that before many times ,


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18479
Dogs 14584 / Races 1826

22 Feb 2021 00:35


 (3)
 (0)


I guess it all comes back to whether you enjoy the facility of doing several testmatings for your female instantly or whether you want to go back to hand-writing them out on sheets of paper

I prefer the former and am happy to pay for the service if it makes the difference between keeping the site open or it closing


Michael Barry
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7312
Dogs 26 / Races 9

22 Feb 2021 00:45


 (3)
 (0)


Tony Gallagher wrote:

Hi Michael, you are correct with a lot of what you are saying and I know you have the best interest of GD in mind. No one can doubt your support both in the forum, adding dogs and financial. Your Gold membership is paid up until 1st of July 2025!

Greyhound-Data is struggling and Jason and I have done all we can. The adverts are annoying but this with the paid membership and advertising has kept us afloat.

I have opened the World Greyhound Organisation who are helping many new countries get involved in developing welfare and racing standards. As well they are setting up studbooks with some of the funds going directly into GD. We also are now selling straws to raise funds. I recently sent out an email shot to our members for membership and the response was fantastic but support always seems to come for the same people over and over again which is simply not fair. For the last 10 years we have been hoping ALL members would support us but this has not happened.


id leave the test matings part of the site alone , bring in a charge for all classifieds including sire pages, for those who arnt members already ,,

many many people have been advertising for upteen years in the classifieds and havent paid a cent , and in particular those advertising in the business section ,

bring in some incentives to attract more members , like half price for say the month of March , gold membership pay one year get the next year half price



Jack Ogilvie
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 14189
Dogs 0 / Races 1

22 Feb 2021 00:56


 (1)
 (0)


And those people who get diamond members to place their ads so they go to the top of the page.#*$k them all charge every one this is the capalist. way.lol.



Wayne Garner
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 593
Dogs 26 / Races 16

22 Feb 2021 10:04


 (4)
 (0)


Michael Barry wrote:

Tony Gallagher wrote:

Hi Michael, you are correct with a lot of what you are saying and I know you have the best interest of GD in mind. No one can doubt your support both in the forum, adding dogs and financial. Your Gold membership is paid up until 1st of July 2025!

Greyhound-Data is struggling and Jason and I have done all we can. The adverts are annoying but this with the paid membership and advertising has kept us afloat.

I have opened the World Greyhound Organisation who are helping many new countries get involved in developing welfare and racing standards. As well they are setting up studbooks with some of the funds going directly into GD. We also are now selling straws to raise funds. I recently sent out an email shot to our members for membership and the response was fantastic but support always seems to come for the same people over and over again which is simply not fair. For the last 10 years we have been hoping ALL members would support us but this has not happened.


id leave the test matings part of the site alone , bring in a charge for all classifieds including sire pages, for those who arnt members already ,,

many many people have been advertising for upteen years in the classifieds and havent paid a cent , and in particular those advertising in the business section ,

bring in some incentives to attract more members , like half price for say the month of March , gold membership pay one year get the next year half price


I tend to agree with michaels thouggts about the test mating part of the site
Over the last 20 yrs its been members contribute the data to add broods n sires
The classifieds has been a big free ride for many who advertise n those who promote stud dogs
Classifieds n sire pages is what needs a fee to use

The testmatings is a valuable tool to use n many use it just to look how a mating looks on paper
Sometimes a breeder or just a casual thinker might use many sires to look how a mating looks on paper
Tony
Start charging for the classifieds as these are the ones making money iff gd




Wayne Garner
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 593
Dogs 26 / Races 16

22 Feb 2021 10:12


 (4)
 (0)


Members aint making money off testmating
They making money from classifieds n stud dog advertising


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18479
Dogs 14584 / Races 1826

22 Feb 2021 10:26


 (6)
 (0)


You can become a Bronze Menber for $25 a year or less than 50c a week and have full use of the database and you are helping the site surive.....no brainer!!



Wayne Garner
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 593
Dogs 26 / Races 16

22 Feb 2021 10:46


 (0)
 (0)


Sandro Bechini wrote:

You can become a Bronze Menber for $25 a year or less than 50c a week and have full use of the database and you are helping the site surive.....no brainer!!


I do plan on that sandro once i settle in
I was once the very first ever gold member many moons ago



Barry Ribbons
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 829
Dogs 66 / Races 230

22 Feb 2021 11:27


 (0)
 (0)


Sandro Bechini wrote:

You can become a Bronze Menber for $25 a year or less than 50c a week and have full use of the database and you are helping the site surive.....no brainer!!

Yes old wise one agree totally...I get $376 a fortnight DP and the $25 bronze per year allows me to do what I need to do.Put your hand in your pockets you tight a##e bludgers and stop thinking life owes you something for free.PS Remember when you banned me a few times in the early days old neighbour
lol



Alan Brazier
United Kingdom
(Verified User)
Posts 202
Dogs 29 / Races 9

22 Feb 2021 18:01


 (1)
 (0)


Hi Tony why don't you charge people a little bit for selling an item to help out, or charge the people who have adverts on the site a bit more to cover this.


Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18479
Dogs 14584 / Races 1826

22 Feb 2021 20:38


 (1)
 (0)


alan brazier wrote:

Hi Tony why don't you charge people a little bit for selling an item to help out, or charge the people who have adverts on the site a bit more to cover this.


Alan

Gold and Diamond Members do pay more

The Gold and Diamond status gives them higher advertising status and exposure on the site

Silver members slightly less

Bronze membership gives you the minimum entry cost and access to all the features of the site including its most valuable resource, the database and testmatings feature


Robert Conway
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 329
Dogs 2 / Races 0

23 Feb 2021 03:18


 (2)
 (0)


with the intro of greyhound sites on facebook and others ,dogs and items are on these in the greyhound section.
Data can successfully only charge for testmateing as it is only available on data.
Other items can be advertized elsewhere .They do bring an interest for people to view but if they where not there would not be missed.

testmateing is best from data.


Daryl Barrett
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 1173
Dogs 0 / Races 0

23 Feb 2021 22:01


 (1)
 (0)


Not everyone uses Facebook,so suggesting that people would only advertise on their platform if G/D charged a fee for placing an advertisement to sell anything,is questionable.

How many of you advertise anything that relates to greyhounds on Gumtree ??...why not,it's free after all.

What about EBay,....hmmmm,is it because you have to pay a fee when you sell it ??

Trading Post ??,Newspapers ?? Any other Social Platform website that you can sell on ??.

The short answer IS,probably Sweet F A.

The reason that people choose to predominantly use G/D,is BECAUSE it is the ONLY DEDICATED GREYHOUND WEBSITE IN THE WORLD,& the exposure that people placing ad's, & advertising recieve is enormous,i would say PRICELESS,Facebook comes in a distant 2nd, & again,not everyone chooses to use Facelessbook,G/D is a " one stop shop" for the Greyhound Industry.

So why not charge to advertise on G/D ?? As far as what to charge,well I don't think a flat $10 bucks for an ad that runs until sold is unreasonable,considering that they are finacialy gaining when they have sold whatever they have advertised,after all,this is a commercial business,& I'm sure any accountant,would agree..or not.

There are currently 342 ad's,for greyhounds & private goods for sale,now according to my Abicus,that equates to the potential earnings of $3,420.00.,& that's not counting future ad's.

The potential yearling earnings derived,could be copious,placing Greyhound Data in a very strong & viable postion indeed.

$25 bucks for " entry level" membership is nothing,as is $10 bucks to advertise "until sold" is ALSO NOTHING.

We don't have to be accountants or Rhodes Scholars to know that.

Anyway,that's just my very humble opinion...but I'm sure that will be subject to other opinions,which is just fine by me.




Sandro Bechini
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 18479
Dogs 14584 / Races 1826

23 Feb 2021 23:50


 (1)
 (0)


robert conway wrote:

with the intro of greyhound sites on facebook and others ,dogs and items are on these in the greyhound section.
Data can successfully only charge for testmateing as it is only available on data.
Other items can be advertized elsewhere .They do bring an interest for people to view but if they where not there would not be missed.

testmateing is best from data.

Robert

Some people just don't get it......selling dogs on the classifieds revolves around the database and your access to it

Diamond & monthly Banner advertisers are paying decent charges to be featured on the website

For example , I can't see the value of charging someone to give away a race dog. They aren't actually making any money from it and if they are giving away, they have probably lost money. so charging to give it away is adding insult to it

Anyway, I agree with you, the Classifieds, like the Forum brings traffic to the website but if people want to analyse a pedigree or do a test mating they need to use the database and for that they should be paying

That's where the REAL value is for G/D

Anyway, I think Tony and Jason are being extraordinarily generous in only requiring to be a $25 Bronze Member to access the data base

They have obviously done their sums based on the number of members using the site, calculated the minimum amount they need to run the site and provide for its future.

At this stage they have obviously have settled on the $25 Bronze Membership to be sufficient without the need to charge a member that wants to sell or give away their dog or do a pup deal with their bitch.





Monika Then Bergh
Germany
(Verified User)
Posts 562
Dogs 1 / Races 0

24 Feb 2021 01:14


 (1)
 (0)


Will You please create an Ä-account. tnx



Jamie Quinlivian
Australia
(Verified User)
Posts 7806
Dogs 10 / Races 0

24 Feb 2021 11:19


 (2)
 (0)


Tony, a lot of pups that I have seen for sale on the fbook classifieds, have a photo of the testmating which is a screenshot from this website.

I think you are well within your rights to charge a premium for this service.

And I think you should extend it to use of the forum.

If you want your opinion read, pay up!


posts 121page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7